Sunday, February 26, 2012

What's Going On With Internet Speed?

Every once in a while I notice my speed is not what it should be. Then I go on Speedtest to check, & sure enough, it's nowhere near what I'm paying for.

This is the second time in a week I've come across this. I'm paying for 3Mbps, which is weak by world standards, but average in this pathetically regulated country, but guess what? I'm not even getting that.

I check with Speedtest, & I was getting 1.92! So I disconnect everything, shut off the modem for 2 minutes, plug everything back in, & now I'm getting 2.2. Well, that's better, but I should be getting at least 2.5.

This is the dishonesty of the system & the ISP's. They will claim too many people using at a particular hour, but I don't buy that excuse. Does my TV have trouble during primetime? No. The greed of companies in this country is the problem. South Korea has 85 Mbps, the best we can do is 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment