Tuesday, February 21, 2012

iTunes Didn't Recognize My iPod (At First)

Today I bought some music from iTunes. It was the first time in several months I had. Now last week I did import a CD of mine to iTunes & then on to my iPod. Didn't have any problems. Then came today.

Now you would think that Apple would have all their glitches fixed by now, but no. FTR- I don't have my account loaded until I buy something. I never log in except to find album art, & still have problems with that. Namely the CD I imported (Chronicle/Creedence Clearwater Revival) has no album art. Really Apple? Only when I am going to buy something do I log in & ad a credit card. Then after done buying & downloading, I go back into my account & remove the cc#. Then I log out.

What happened today? Well I downloaded the 6 songs I bought (all by the Pretenders), & then hooked up my iPod to my computer. First it said it didn't recognize my iPod. Huh? It said go to the screen for restoring to original factory setting. I was about to do that, but then the iPod started to syncronize, meaning it added the new songs. So I didn't restore the iPod. So now those songs are on it. But what happened? I eventually got an email from iTunes saying someone from a different computer or device bought it with my ID. I wonder about that because the songs are on my computer & iPod, & I don't think a hacker would steal one song. That just doesn't make any sense.

Apple needs to do something about iTunes. It has a history of being hacked. I don't know if I was or not. I know that it first didn't want to sync with my iPod, & at one point I had 2 iPod listings on the device area. I may have to sync it a second time to see what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment