Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Upped Speed Not That Noticable

I finally decided to have my ISP raise me to the next level of service. it's double the speed but you can't tell that much. Yes, I checked with Speed Test. Instead of 1.5mbps (I was actually getting 1.25), I am now paying for 3mbps (And getting 2.5). So yes it's been doubled but a lot of sites it doesn't seem like it.

I just think a lot of sites need new or more servers. Sometimes, especially on aggregation sites like Digg & Redditt clicking a link still takes some time. I'm not ready to download anything yet because, well, I have nothing to download. I haven't bought any music in about two months & don't feel like it. I mean I've been off for 4 days & haven't even opened iTunes once. Really haven't for about two to three months. I listen to what's already on my iPod.

This is still an issue of the US being way behind the rest of the world. You know like South Korea where they get 85 mbps! Here you would have to pay hundreds of dollars to get that, but actually it's just not available for any price. I mean $40 for 3mbps? That's obscene. 10mbps should be the minimum, but the ptb are against that, but then again they want to charge for data use. If that happens usage will go way down & they will wonder what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment