Sunday, October 16, 2011

Another Day Another Internet Scam

There's a reason I prefer Gmail to Yahoo Mail. It's the spam. Yahoo puts it in my inbox, Gmail, I never see it. Today it was a supposed overstock auction site called Sellmoo. Sellmoo? Really? How about a $600 iPad for $23.74? Or an Amazon Kindle Keyboard model for $8.76 instead of $139.99? Yeah, didn't think so.

This is total nonsense. The only legitimate auction site is Ebay, & even that site has known issues as does Craigslist. Now I would like to know how this site got my email address, but since it's Yahoo, the spammers friend, I would guess the lack of filters & the ability to get hold of addresses is a long held problem. It's the reason I switched to Gmail to begin with. I only use Yahoo for sites that want an email address but I don't want to fill up my regular one.

Funny thing is it sells at the bottom if you want to unsubscribe "click Here" & then gives a company address in Florida, but then the fine print has a different address in Las Vegas. Hey wait a minute, that's not in Florida! So be careful. Don't click the unsubscribe link, you know what will happen. More spam or worse malware.

No comments:

Post a Comment