Sunday, October 9, 2011

Jobs Prepared for Future iProducts

According to the Daily Mail, a UK paper, Steve Jobs left plans for 4 generations of iPads, iPods, iPhones & MacBooks. That is 4 more years since that is the cycle. Clearly he wanted these devices to be designed with his ideas.

This means no radical redesigns from some future employee who thinks he knows better. Although I have to admit that I don't understand the downsizing of the iPod nano. If making it so small is to prepare for eliminating it (which is what I thought last year), then why have plans for 4 more years?

Today I added 2 more complete CD's to my iPod, which is now 3 generations old. But it is actually only 2 years old & works fine, so why replace it? Well, I'm not going to. It's never given me a problem & it was a refurbished one.

This is another example of how much he controlled things, usually to the benefit of the company & it's customers. I'm not a fanboy. I think most Apple products are way overpriced, but I do acknowledge the design sense, creativity & the reputation for products that "just work".

No comments:

Post a Comment