Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Radio Host Having Fun With Siri

Listening to the Stephanie Miller show this week is amusing. the liberal host just got an iPhone so naturally there are a lot of requests to the new voice recognition software.

I don't have a smartphone & have no need for one. but I am getting a laugh with her attempts to give orders. You know like "fire Chris Lavoie (her producer & sidekick)". Of course the answer is "I don't understand". I really don't understand this stuff so I just get a kick out of the ways they use the thing. Supposedly it's good for when you're looking for a restaurant or say, a gas station.

But other than these examples what would you really use it for? Plus it apparently doesn't always understand the requests. It also doesn't work on the iPad. Leo LaPorte was trying to use it on TWIT this week. Same result. Not sure this will be a biggie. But OTOH everybody has to buy the new iPhone. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment