Sunday, October 23, 2011

Another Result Of Rapid Release

As a regular viewer of TWIT podcasts I was quite unhappy last week when I discovered I could no longer view the videos using Firefox. Why would a tech site not allow Firefox? Answer: The continuing stupidity of rapid release.

What I mean is what everyone already knows. Websites can't keep updating their site everytime Mozilla changes the number of the Firefox release. We are now on Firefox 7 which should actually be 4.3. But hey! Let's pretend to be Chrome!

The result is the number of websites that are no longer usable on this browser. It gets bigger & bigger. And it's completely stupid. At some point this will harm Firefox to, the point that users will give up & go elsewhere. The reason I haven't is because of the extensions & my les than enthusiastic feelings towards Chrome. And to the geeks-Opera isn't even in the discussion because it doesn't support a lot of sites because of its low market share.

No comments:

Post a Comment