Sunday, June 26, 2011

Yahoo Didn't Like My Answer

I sometimes use Yahoo Answers. I just play around with it. Well I got an e-mail saying they removed one of my answers because it violated guidelines. Really? As opposed to the multiple racist, sexist, violent junk? The "Obama is a terrorist" stuff?

For the record my answer was to someone asking about downloading You Tube videos to iTunes. I mentioned You Tube to mp3 a Firefox extension, & Real Player which also does it. Well, what both do is convert videos to either mp3 or aac. This means stripping out the video & leaving the audio. Is it illegal? Not sure. If you put on P2P sites, that's definately illegal.

Of course, Answers has a ton of questions about Limewire & Frostwire. They are known pirate sites, but Yahoo has no problems with suggestions of how to use those sites. I find that suspicious & hypocritical. You don't want me writing about a legitimate piece of software. Fine. When will Firefox references be deleted so as to protect IE?

No comments:

Post a Comment