Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mozilla Releases Firefox 5

In an attempt to catch up to Google Chrome, Firefox 5 has appeared. I didn't even know about this. There have been no popups telling me that it's available & I don't actually know what the point is. It's just a change in the designation. From what I've read on PC Magazine's website (the only one that even mentions it. No references on Lifehacker or Gizmodo), it is simply an update. It should be called Firefox 4.1, but hey, let's impress everyone with a silly high number. You know, how like Google Chrome is on version 10 or is it 11 or 12 despite only being 2 years old.

Mozilla claims over 1000 improvements but someone from PC Mag said basically fixes. Again that's not a full release. That's a point 1 update. Is this supposed to impress me? An 18 week release cycle? So by Christmas 2012, We'll be using Firefox 10. That is just silly. It will really be 4.1.06.

No comments:

Post a Comment