Monday, June 13, 2011

Blogcritics Scam

Remember how I wrote yesterday that I had been contacted by something called Blogcritics to write for them. They were supposedly owned by Technorati (even Wikipedia claims this). Well today I got an e-mail inviting me to write. Gave a link on how to get started with some confusing stuff about an Amazon code (why would I need that if I'm writing about a TV show or a sporting event?).

Then came the profile section where I listed my URL, my password & my Adsense account number. Wouldn't save anything. So I responded to the welcome telling them I wouldn't be writing for them. Guess what? I get a response from Google tyelling me the e-mail didn't go through because it was a non-existent e-mail address. Well goody goody. Just got scammed for my e-mail account. Maybe I'll have to change my account. Assholes (not Google, Blogcritics).

No comments:

Post a Comment