Sunday, June 19, 2011

Grocery Store's Scam Oline Contest

I shop at a major Bay Area supermarket running a promotional game that ties in to an upcoming Nascar race. You get game pieces when you shop. But you are also supposed to be able to play online. Guess again. While I have a lot a stickers on the game board(no wins yet), I can't access the online game. Why? BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK!

I am so tired of companies that haven't figured out the internet. How hard is it to hire someone who actually knows how to code a website? First of all, you can't access it at all using Firefox. That's fail #1. So I go to IE9. Well I can go to the registration page, but when I click play game nothing happens. It just  sits there. Is this a javascript issue? If I was on Firefox I would think "well No Script is preventing me, so I have to allow it in". But this is IE with no extensions preventing access.

Also, if you type in the games name, there are a lot of sites complaining about this problem going back: get this: FOUR YEARS. Are you serious? Please mr supermarket game online person: please quit & take a job you're qualified for. Like clerk at a burger place. I am so tired of incompetent coding on websites & especially in 2011 sites that still won't recognize Firefox. Dude, grow up. It's the second most used browser in the world. But then again you probably don't even know what a browser is.

No comments:

Post a Comment