Tuesday, June 7, 2011

iCloud To Cost Users With Non-iTunes Music

Steve Jobs revealed iCloud yesterday. Along with this "cloud" based service was iMatch which costs $24.99 a year. What does this do? It syncs music to all your devices. Well- actually you pay because iCloud & iMatch only recognize the songs bought from iTunes. Music you imported from CD's don't get synched. That's where the $24.99 comes in.

Wonderful. Now you know why Apple is worth more than Microsoft. Pay for what you already own. For the record I have over 500 songs on my iPod. I know, not as much as most of you, but still. Here's the thing: only 85 of those 500 are iTunes downloads. The rest are off my own CD's. I already bought these CD's, but to use iCloud I have to pay to listen to them? Are you freakin' kidding me?

This is why I don't understand the mac fanboys. All the news reports today are how wonderful this is. How I get to pay to listen to my own stuff on multiple devices. Whoopee. It just amazes me how these idiots can't see how wrong this is. Guess what : if it's on my iPod it's mine! I need to pay twenty five bucks to hear music I already bought? In some cases(my Beatle CD's) over 25 years ago.

But then again, this is the company that sells $500 computers for $2000.

No comments:

Post a Comment