Monday, April 23, 2012

Cell Phone Recycler Rips Me Off

After 2 or 3 years of not using my prepaid cell phone more than once a week, I decided to stop buying cards for it. Anyway it was getting harder to find the cards . So it took all the money loaded on it.

My local mall has a machine that recycles phones & other gadgets.  You put a sticker on it, put it in the machine, it searches for the model & decides what to pay you. Well it correctly identified my phone ( a Samsung, complete with picture), & said it was worth $1. Whoopee! A whole dollar! Are you kidding me?

I'm guessing I could go somewhere else & get more, but you know what? I don't really care. I let the machine keep it, & took the bill. But I wonder how many other people say " uh, I don't think so". This is a failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment