Monday, April 9, 2012

Prepaid Cells Are a Ripoff

Because I hardly ever use my phone I bought a prepaid cell phone. I've probably made 5 calls in 3 years. But every 3 months I add $30 to keep it active. Why do I have to do this?

The money rolls over. So if I don't make calls, then add another $30 guess what happens? I had $109 on mine. But I got tired of spending $30 every three months for seemingly no reason. So I didn't add any this week, when it was due.

So this morning the $109 simply disappeared. Nice. I'm not going to tell you the carrier, because I don't think it matters. I'm going to assume that all these crooks do the same thing. It's a way of getting extra money out of people. The alternative is to buy a contract phone & pay $40-$100 a month. That is not gonna happen. I have better use for the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment