Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Finding Podcasts

There are numerous podcasts all over the internet. Finding them, however, can be a pain.

The #1 directory is, of course, iTunes. Hundreds, if not thousands. But I was looking for ones I hadn't seen on there. So i wrote in "podcasts" on Google, & started looking. This was painful. I would find a site that supposedly had lots of podcasts, only to find it didn't have squat.

One site I went on, you clicked on a heading like TV & Film. It had in parentheses, I think 1300 podcasts. So I click on it , & there is ONE! Uh, how did 1300 become 1? Just horrible. Another site only had 3 or 4 in each category. How is that helpful?

So back to iTunes. There are sites I know have podcasts, like Revision 3, but those are all tech related. I want a variety. NPR & the BBC have podcasts of their shows, that is good. But again, how about sports or entertainment based ones, how do I find those?

No comments:

Post a Comment