Sunday, February 13, 2011

Is Facebook only for the young?

The reason I ask this question is because of my experience. We know that facebook was used by the protesters in Egypt & other countries. It's how they communicated with each other. But when I leave a message for my relatives, I get nothing. I have a feeling that people in that age group (70+) just have no experience in using that kind of media.

They like to use e-mail or the phone. It's how I keep in contact. Usually a phone call on the weekend. E-mail is used mostly to send me photos or funny stories. If I leave a message on Facebook there usually is no contact. not because they don't want to, but because they probably don't open Facebook more than once a month if that.

20 somethings are probably on the site several times a day. I'm not. I go on there to see if I have any messages, if not, then I log out. I am seriously thinking of deactivating the account because it really isn't used.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment