Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Experiences With Software Glitches

When you have a fair amount of tech/computer stuff, things are going to happen. My printer which worked great when I first got it, has some issues. I'm not sure what causes it, but sometimes it doesn't want to print.

Yesterday, for instance, it did what it does sometimes. I write a list for my weekly trip to Target on Word & print it out. But my printer doesn't print it. Instead I get a pop up saying no paper. Well, there's plenty of paper loaded. So I keep hitting print. Finally I shut it off & restarted it. Ran a diagnostic, finally it printed. seems like I have to do look through all the print menus before it will work. What's that about?

Then there's my iPod. I wanted to sync it yesterday since I had downloaded the new episode of TWIT. Computer wouldn't recognize it. First time that had happened. Plugged it in & out twice. Then I noticed the screen wouldn't go off. Couldn't shut it off. So I had to reset it. This means holding the middle button & menu button down at once. Even that took a while, but finally the Apple logo came on & I waited for it to reboot. Then I was able to sync it.

Why did this happen? Don't know. It appeared to freeze when I hit pause Sunday just as a song was starting. I mean it went off Sunday, but when I started it yesterday, that's when it froze. Weird huh? I guess it works now because I did listen to my podcast, so cross my fingers.

Tech can be picky, except on TV. I mean last night's Hawaii 5-0 had a guy using remote control to explode things (maybe the bad guy watched Mythbusters LOL). Not to mention that big touch screen table that Daniel Dae Kim uses to project on the wall of headquarters. NCIS simply has Sean Murray(McGee) type on his keyboard & it it projects on the wall. Gee, think we will ever have those for real?

No comments:

Post a Comment