Monday, June 4, 2012

What's The Big Deal About Amazon?

Everyone talks about how great Amazon is. I've never bought anything through the site. Here's my experience.

I'm in the market for new shorts. Or rather, I was. So I went on Amazon to look at what they had. First off, I'm 58, so I don't need cargo shorts. Plus I think they are really ugly. Who needs that many pockets. If I had something in everyone of those pockets, I would weigh 20 pounds more.

I have a pair of fabric shorts. I wear those around the house. I'm uncomfortable wearing those out. There's no place to put my wallet, & I just don't think I want to wear those to the store, although I see young people wearing especially basketball shorts out. But then again, look at what else they will wear.

No I'm looking for dress or at least outdoor shorts. So again, I go on Amazon. Through 20-30 pages what do I see? A hundred variations on the same two styles: cargo or khaki. In only maybe two different colors. All between $20 & $50. Regardless of company. Unless they are denim, then the price goes even higher & I don't want jeans shorts, although I own two pairs of Levi jeans.

So I go to the mall. Same thing, although the prices can be even higher. $70 for O'Neills? Really? Same price as Ralph Lauren Polo. At least at Macy's. Finally I get a pair of Wrangler khaki's at Target for $12. Yes, I said $12. Why was Amazon unable to beat that price. The fact remains that online still can't match looking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment