Sunday, June 10, 2012

NBC's Incompetent Live Viewer/DTV's Failure

I wanted to watch the French Open Women's Final. I didn't get up at 6AM yesterday to watch it. Namely because I had to be at work by 7AM. No DVR. So what are my choices? ESPN 3? Nope. Since it was broadcast on NBC no go.

NBC has a Livestream viewer but no matter what I typed in the search box, the only thing that comes up is a rebroadcast of the Men's final. Really NBC? Are you boycotting women's tennis or are you just that stupid to think no one would want to see Maria Sharapova complete a career grand slam?

Oooh, I know. Directv now has a web player. But when I choose the match guess what idiotic message I get? I can't watch because I don't subscribe to Tennis Channel. Attention Directv: The match was on NBC!

This is one more example why "cutting the cord" will never happen. Because media companies don't understand the internet, & don't want to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment