Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What I'm Doing On The Web

Tomorrow I go back to work. So what do I do on my computer today?

Well this morning I ran my anti-virus scanner. Now Avira has a few issues it didn't used to have. Namely listing Microsoft updates as hidden objects. This started a month ago, & was a major issue. mainly because it was listing 70 objects. This went on for two weeks before it was fixed.  Now today it listed 7 objects & 7 warnings. And of course, doesn't tell you anything about the warnings.

Then I simply surfed on some sites. And then finally played Bejeweled 2 for a while. I used to play this a lot when i first got my computer, now maybe once a month. It's still fun, but I just don't play it that much. I am certainly not gonna pay $50 for Diablo III or any games of that type. I'm just not good at action games. I don't click fast enough or miss stuff.

TV on the internet? Yeah, I do that. Yesterday I watched episode 5 of season 2 of The Wire on HBO Go. I don't know why I didn't watch this when it was on. Some critics call this the best show ever. I won't go that far, but it's damn good. It's weird to see Chris Bauer play a serious important character like Frank Sobotka, head of the dockworkers & slightly dishonest character as opposed to what I'm used to seeing. Namely incompetent goofball cop Andy Bellefleur on HBO's vampire show True Blood, which BTW starts Sunday. that character is played mostly for laughs.

And speaking of laughs, CBS.com. That website has every show they broadcast. I will look tonight for last night's Letterman. I want to see his interview with Indy 500 champ Dario Franchitti. Should be a hoot, especially since Franchitti won by driving Rahal/Letterman driver Takuma Sato off the road.LOL. Last night just for a kick, I went on CBS' "classic shows" listing. I watched an episode of probably the greatest sitcom ever. Involved a seance. Hysterical. Lucy & Fred doing voices. Oh brother. 

Maybe I will watch a podcast today. Or find a decent French Open match on ESPN's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment