Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ordering Take Out Online

Everyone knows you can order Pizza over the phone or online, & can get it delivered. How about other types of food?

I ordered a Pizza last week. I have ordered over the phone before, but this was the first time I used the internet. It's actually an even better way. At least Pizza hut is. Order the type, & then you can choose your toppings & even remove some. For instance I ordered a Supreme. It has mushrooms. I don't like mushrooms, so I removed them & replaced them with olives.  Worked great. I only spent a couple of minutes in the store paying & then walked out with my order.

Now why can't other restaurants do this? For instance, I went on the website of a small Mexican chain that has a location a couple of blocks from home. On the website you can pull up the menu. But you can't place an order. Why is that? Why are Pizza places the only ones you can do this with. It's so much more convenient. Place your order online, & when you walk in the door, it's ready!


Sure it's easier when there is only a small menu. But I don't think that's the problem. Actually I'm not sure what the problem is. You would have less disgruntled customers since the food would be ready when they got there. No one walking out because of a long wait. Is it unwillingness to update to new technology? Seems silly, especially since most restaurants have websites showcasing their menus anyways. I am baffled.


No comments:

Post a Comment