Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Global Music Sales Down 3%

The sale of music, both CD's & digitally have gone down for several years now. I haven't bought anything, including individual songs in months. No, I don't pirate. I'm just not interested in any of the junk out there.

See, this is what the industry doesn't get. Put out good stuff, & it will sell. Put out garbage, & I'm not going to bother. Most of what I have downloaded through iTunes the last couple of years has been old stuff. And by "old", I mean the 60's & 70's. That's when I grew up.

"Oh, he only likes the stuff from when he was in high school". Not true. I graduated HS in '71. But I like 80's new wave & rock. Big U2 fan, but also the techno bands of that era. But very little since 1990. Like most people. Sales have gone down, because why do I want to spend money on copycats like Gaga (Madonna lite), Britney (70's bubble gum turned sex kitten)? Answer: I don't.

Plus, most CD's have one good song. And, oh by the way, there's a freakin' recession! People are spending money on food, rent & other more important things. So piracy is just an excuse to keep prices high, & take away more freedoms. Remember, Hollywood tried to get rid of VCR's.

No comments:

Post a Comment