Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Digital Converter Box Fails

A couple of years ago when the television industry moved over to digital transmission, the government was handing out coupons for converter boxes. I got one even though I really didn't need one. I had an old 13" TV that I only used once in a while.

Well I finally decided to open up the box & see if it would actually work with this ancient TV. It didn't. See they need an antenna hooked up to work, & my old set has apparently non-working rabbit ears. you can hook it up to the outside antenna, but then there is no way to connect it to the converter box.

I hooked up the settings & equipment as best I could, but the only thing on my screen was "no signal". The hook ups were correct but with no way to access the outside antenna because that's where the box hook up went, it was a failure. No that big a deal because my 25" is hooked up to Directv. I just wanted to see if it would work.

Now someday I may get a big screen, & I can hook my 25" to the box, or just get 2 sets. That is however, not going to happen anytime soon. It would be great to have a 42" for the Super Bowl (No I don't think my Niners will make it), but I'm a realist.

No comments:

Post a Comment