Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Years Day Online

Monday wasn't New Years Day but it seemed like it. The Rose parade followed by the Rose Bowl, then the Fiesta Bowl. The first two I watched online. That was different.

Finding the parade on the web wasn't that difficult. I simply went on KTLA's website. I live in the Bay Area, but that station's coverage has been shown by a San Jose station for years. It's the best with no commercials, & two hosts with lots of chemistry.

Along with the TV commentary there was info on the website, like how many flowers were on a float. As for the game, I went on ESPN's website to watch the game. This is actually an improvement over my set, because I don't have a big screen & no HDTV. This means a lot of stuff is lost, & the stats on screen can't be read because they are small meant to be seen on a 40" or larger screen, mine is 25".


Since I'm sitting in front of my 18" monitor, I can see like I have a big screen, so it worked fine. Now I'm sure a lot of people did this. Especially the "I don't have cable" elitists. The "I only watch DVD's" crowd. Fine but not everything is on the web. ESPN puts everything they broadcast on their site, as does CBS. But sports get short shrift otherwise. Neither CBS, NBC or Fox put sports events online.


So at this point you still need cable or satellite to see most stuff. that may change, but it will take awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment