Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Microsoft Office Problems

My computer has Office 2010 Starter Edition, a free ad supported version of the suite. It only includes Word & Excel, which is fine because I have no use for PowerPoint.

The problem is the way both of those programs can have problems. Problems that seem to exist on all word processors & spreadsheets, since I have also used Open Office & even a couple of small programs that Linux Puppy uses.

What I mean is the insistence of spreadsheets rounding off figures when it is not needed. And word processors not allowing you to center certain things. Why these programs are written the way they are is something I will never understand. Make it easy for me to use. Don't make it so difficult that I want to give up.

This is why some people will never use these programs. because the programmer wants to put his mark on the program, & the hell with the user. After all, the programmer knows best. Right?

1 comment:

  1. Hey this is really technical, but everyone knows it i guess, but i was nice reading it...

    ReplyDelete