Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Gawker Screws Up Website Again

I like to read Lifehacker & Gizmodo. But a few months ago the geniuses that run those sites eliminated Blog View which allows you to scroll down the page to read articles. Instead you have access only to 3 or 4 articles. Now why would you do that?

Firefox has an add-on called Gawker Blog View that resolves the issue. Or at least did until recently. Now I can't get blog view. I still don't see why Top Stories is better. It only gives you access to a few stories. the rest are listed on the right & you have to click on them one at a time. This is an improvement?

I seriously believe webmasters get bored & feel they have to change sites just to justify their jobs. This exists in every company. Not just websites, but there is always one jerk who will purposely ruin something just so he can come in & "fix it". I call these people "losers".

There is really no justification for changing the coding of a site that works just so you can screw around with Firefox extension users. Go work on IE9/10/11 whatever. I just want to read. And if I can't, I will find another site that lets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment