Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My New Headphones

A month ago my less than two year old Sony headphones went kaput. Well, at least the left one did. No matter what I did, i couldn't get it to work. So I went back to my Apple buds. Not great. So I decided to get new ones. but this time I would get over the ear headphones.

So I headed to Best Buy & got Sennheiser HD 419's. Well, it will take me some time to get used to the feel, but they sound great. One thing about full sized headphones is that you really feel like you are inside what you are listening to.

I'm interested what music sounds like, but right now I'm listening to an audio book from Audible. I had finished the Steve Jobs biography while using the Apple ear buds, but now I'm using these new ones to listen to "The girl with the dragon tattoo" by Stieg Larrsen. This is a well known & very popular swedish crime novel (1st of 3) by an author who died before any were published. All 3 have been made into swedish language films, & the one I'm reading is about to be released as a Hollywood film with Daniel Craig.

Using these headphones really makes you part of the story. no outside interference. Except for having to get used to the weight, & figuring out how to wear them so they are at least not uncomfortable, they are an improvement. When I get back into music I will give a review. but I just downloaded a history book which I will listen to after this is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment