Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Songs On YouTube

They play Christmas songs at work. But they are on a tape, & this year they're only playing a single tape over & over again. Last year was different. You would hear Bing & Frank & U2 & others. This year it's Mariah, Britney (yeah, ug) & Swifty, as I call her.LOL. At least they play Run Rudolph Run by Chuck Berry.

So what to do? Answer: You Tube. Go on there, & type in the name of any song you can think of, & a video or 3 will show up.
I just spent about an hour on there. Here's what I heard:
HappyXmas (War is Over)/John Lennon(my favorite Christmas song)
Do they know it's Christmas/Band Aid. This was the original all-star charity single. George Michael, Boy George, Sting, Bono, Phil Collins (some of them look weird like Bono with a mullet. Hey it was 1984)
Santa Baby/Eartha Kitt. At work I have to listen to Madonna's godawful version or Taylor Swift. Kitt's is brilliant.
White Christmas/The Drifters. A cool doo wop version
Have yourself a merry little Christmas/Judy Garland (The video is from Meet me in St. Louis)

For laughs I also recommend 12 days of Christmas by Alan Sherman (early 60's) & for the win-Santa Claus & his old lady by Cheech & Chong. maybe the funniest thing I have ever heard. I listen to this at least once every year (for the last 30), & bust up .

No comments:

Post a Comment