Sunday, December 11, 2011

Why Don't Headphones Last?

I listen to my iPod through headphones, just like most people. I hate the Apple earbuds that don't fit in my ears because of the shape. So I bought Sony buds that fit in the ear & had superior sound.

But they stopped working a couple of months ago. Why? I have no clue. they didn't even last 2 years. No sound out of the left ear.  So I have started researching again. And while reading reviews, what do I find? That even the most expensive seem to have the same issue. 

So what is the problem? Why do they suddenly stop working, or as in my case, one side goes dead. Apparently the technology isn't as perfect as in other tech products. Cords that get tangled up, wires that detach, whatever. i can't even find a reason why mine stopped. No frayed wire or cord. The buds themselves look fine. Just no sound. So I'm back to using the white Apple buds that refuse to fit properly in my ear. 

So tomorrow I hit Best Buy. The price on Amazon doesn't seem that much cheaper than just going to the store to buy a new pair. I just hate having to pay another $50 after only 2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment