Monday, August 8, 2011

iTunes Is Confused About Updates

I launched iTunes today & it asked if I wanted to download 10.4. Well I currently have 9.2 on my computer & have kept putting off downloading the new version because of horror stories I have read. Mainly that it either fails to download completely or it loses all your library.

So I finally say yes & instead of getting 10.4, all it wants to load is Mobile Me & a software update. WTF? I mean try to get your act together Apple. I don't need Mobile Me. Don't know what it is, & since I don't have an iPhone or actually any smartphone that would be useless to me. Why is so hard for companies to just update their software without any problems? Mozilla seems to do it. So does CCleaner.

Apple's problem is of course that iTunes updates involve downloading the entire program again, then deleting the old version. This is overkill & wastes time. Just update the program. Why do I need to re-download the entire program? I thought Apple was about doing things easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment