Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Another Website Admits It Doesn't Like Firefox

It always amazes me the number of websites that don't optimize their sites so they can be viewed in Firefox. Verizon did it to me today. I attempted to go on their forums but was unable to. When I switched to IE-no problem. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Then I wrote an e-mail to them complaining about it, & the response was basically-tough. What is wrong with these people? You're running a tech site for wireless phones & you reject users of the #2 browser in the world? And you admit it?

Here's my response: 1. You should be ashamed, you are out of date.
                                 2. You should make things easy for the customer.
                                 3. Whoever made this decision should be fired.

I am completely serious. I have had this issue with other sites. Firefox has 25% share. Why should it have to fight to be supported by a major company? It also brings up the issue of other browsers. The response was it's for IE. You have to register to use the forums in Firefox, but not required in IE. What about Chrome, or is the fact that it's, Google mean you can use it? And what about Safari? Sorry Verizon, but Mac users can't use IE.

This backwards thinking should be gone. Why do we still have to fight?

No comments:

Post a Comment