Sunday, December 26, 2010

Uploading photos

On Christmas my cousin decided that my Facebook photo was a bad one. Well, yeah, it's a photo I took of myself with my cheap prepaid cell phone. I held it a foot from my face & clicked. It's the same photo on here. Not great, but it's not like a really care that much.

But my cousin does. So he took out his much better digital camera & took a bunch of pictures, against a white wall, & in front of the Christmas Tree. Then I watched while he & his computer friend ( I think, by the way they talk, that he does IT work for a hospital) went about getting the photos on my page.

I sort of knew what you did, but I watched & learned. Namely, put the photos on my cousin's harddrive, then have me log on to Facebook, go on my page to change the picture. For other photos, so I could change to a non-Christmas photo, e-mail the photos to me. Those photos are still on my e-mail, but I can, of course, send them to "documents" or "pictures" anytime as long as I don't delete the e-mail.

Of course what I really need to do is get a digital camera. My cousin's friend also gave us a vacation slideshow last night by hooking up his laptop to the TV so we could look at his pictures from his family's trip to Egypt. It took them a while to figure out how to set up the slideshow, but once they did it worked fine. Of course another way to do this would be a CD or DVD, but since they traveled here from Southern California I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to carry photo CD's AND a laptop.

Eventually I will get the camera, but cost is a consideration. Isaw one in the paper for around $40 today, but it was a Vivitar, not a Sony or Canon, so I'm guessing it's a lower quality camera. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment