Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Illegal movie sites

So I was online looking for a movie to watch. I only have 2 hrs of online on my Netflix subscription, & Hulu & YouTube have horrible selections. So I started searching. Boy! Was I amazed to come across so many sites that had downloads & streaming of movies that just came out & just got in theaters.

I couldn't believe how many of these sites had True Grit, Little Fockers & who knows what else. Are these foreign sites or what? Not to mention how do they get the downloads on there, since these aren't on DVD yet.

Now this is the piracy the MPAA is talking about, & I understand where their coming from. If everyone watches this way, the studio makes no money. The RIAA issue is different since most CD's are on iTunes & Amazon, & a few CD's can be bought at Target & Walmart. Plus it's harder to find a particular song or Cd on pirate sites, but every movie site had brand new movies on the top of the page.

Now if the studios want to stop this, they have to stop this nonsense of not allowing recent films to be streamed on Netflix. I've had the service for over 2 years & have probably only watched 4 or 5 films online. Because they're all old films. Silly. Yeah, you can rent from iTunes, but it costs more than a Netflix subscription, plus the amount of time it would take to download. I'll stick with DVD's thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment