Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Another Website Fails Firefox

Today I attempted to write a blog on a sports site I just signed up with. Boy, was that a bad idea! Typical nonsense from a badly written site.

First off, it says you can paste a post from Word. Think again. Yeah, it will show up, but with lots of html & the post repeated 3 times. I attempted to delete the coding & the duplicates & it wouldn't let me. So I wasted paper by printing out the document & writing directly in the blog's box while reading the printed version. Oh brother.

Then it came time to publish. OK, I clicked "preview" so I could see how it looked. Then I clicked "publish". Oh, I'm sorry there's nothing in the body. Excuse me? I just looked at the preview, looks fine. Try again. Still refused to publish.

I know what it is, but they won't admit it. Another amateur site that doesn't recognize Firefox. When are these incompetents going to go away? I guarantee you if I had written in IE there wouldn't be a problem. Not sure about Chrome, don't have it, don't want it. This is not the first time I have had this problem, & it won't be the last. If coders, programmers & webmasters can't understand this, I don't see the web moving forward. Enough of refusing to recognize the #2 browser.

Here's what's going to happen. They WILL recognize Chrome because it's Google. Hell, they will recognize Safari, being Apple, even though even the macaddicts hate it. This is bad news for Mozilla , but I don't see anything happening to change the idiotic attitude of various websites run by people who know nothing about the internet, & like non-tech people think "the blue e is the internet".

No comments:

Post a Comment