Monday, October 8, 2012

Window Update Problem

After being informed that an important update needed to be downloaded, I tried to do it manually. This was a waste of an hour this morning. No matter how many times I tried to download the update, it would fail.

So I went on the Microsoft forums, only to find that this is a apparently corrupted update. Some people have been able to get it to install, but others haven't. I must have tried 10 times. If I go in the update file, there are a lot of listings for this failed update.

The listings in the forums go back a month. I wonder when Microsoft intends to do something about this? I had a problem with my anti virus not updating a week ago. Avast! fixed it within a day.  For Microsoft not to fix this after a month is unacceptable. I believe this is a security update for IE9. Too bad 10 isn't out yet, because that might just override the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment