Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Funniest Tech Podcast

I love to watch tech podcasts. I watch several of the TWIT podcasts. They have changed over time. I started out watching TWIT(This Week in Tech) & TNT(Tech News Today). The problem is that both specialize in spending lots of time on phones & tablets, two things I don't own & have no interest in owning.

Then I found Frame Rate, which is mostly about TV & video & the devices you use to watch. This works for me because I am interested in this. A lot of time is spent on streaming video & outside things like Roku & Boxee. You know, set top boxes for streaming internet content to your TV. It also helps that hosts Tom Merritt(TNT) & Brian Brushwood are quite entertaining & have a good rapport.

Today I tried a new one I hadn't seen before. It's called The Giz Wiz, & features Leo LaPorte(TWIT), the guy who owns the TWIT network & Dick DeBartolo of Mad Magazine. Essentially it reviews gadgets. Not cell phones, silly stuff. I mean one segment is "crap we found on SkyMall". For the uninitiated, SkyMall is that magazine you find on every airplane. Hundreds of pages of ridiculous stuff to waste your time while you sit in you seat while flying.

So what were the gadgets today? How about a touchless toilet? Thats right, it was supposed to raise when you approach it & lower when you're done. Of course it didn't work very well. It took forever to raise & then didn't go all the way up, & of course, didn't lower at all. Highly entertaining. Lots of laughs from everyone involved.

But wait! There's more! Mechanical birds. That's right. The silly video was showing how this was a perfect pet. Don't have to feed it, & it doesn't poop. LOL. Of course the video shows people watching this idiotic thing, including little kids. Tell me, what kid wants a fake pet? Best part was one of Leo's employees actually has a real bird, & had it come over to look at the two fakes. It was chirping at the robots that move apparently based on movement. This was hysterical. Most sitcoms aren't this funny. I will be watching Modern Family in about an hour, I wonder if I will laugh as much as I did at this.

So be sure to check this out. There are a lot of good shows on the TWIT network. One caution: The site seems to have a problem with video this week, so download from iTunes or look on You Tube.    

No comments:

Post a Comment