Monday, October 15, 2012

Video Fails On Tech Site

You would think that a technology site wouldn't have issues with video but you would be wrong. For the second time recently, the TWIT network has an issue on it's site.

A few months ago it was doing this, along with Google warning that malware was on the site. I guess the bad guys don't like being outed. But this is different.

When you go to the site & try to watch any of the dozens of podcasts, nothing happens. There is a black screen with nothing to click. Since Firefox updates a ridiculously number of times, I decided to try out (horrors) IE9. Sorry, no difference. I am not sure what the issue is. My Adobe Flash is completely updated, & works on every other site. Whether it's You Tube or video links on the Huffington Post or others, they work. And anyway, if I download the podcast from iTunes it works, so hopefully the issue will soon be resolved.

And speaking of iTunes, why when updating do I have to reinstall the entire program? I did this today & it took a half an hour. No other software program does this. Heck Firefox updated this morning from 15 to 16. It took a couple of minutes.
Seriously, why such a silly way of updating a program that is way too bloated. If it didn't insist on using Quick Time & the store was online rather than part of the program,  it would be a lot smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment