Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Windows Shutdown?

This morning I started up my computer early. I did this so i could run my Avast! anti-virus scanner. For some reason, the computer shut itself off & rebooted within 10 minutes. I have never had this happen on any computer that I have owned.

So the scan ended up taking longer. Well, officially it was normal length. But it had to be restarted. I can't find anything on the company's forums, & Windows doesn't seem to have anything listed. All my updates are current.

This is just weird. Why would my computer do this? I've never had it do anything like this. I still think that it has to do with the antivirus. But why? I've had Avast! on my system for a few months, after years of using Avira, before it started having problems with Windows Update. Maybe Microsoft needs to check to see if their code is causing problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment