Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Why Can't PDF's Reload from Last Page Read?

Since i have to renew my driver's license, I started reading the driver's handbook. On the California DMV site, you can download a PDF of the entire handbook. but what i found was that unless I kept the PDF open, then when I woke up my computer & launched the site I would be back at page 1.

This is a problem. the PDF is over 100 pages. Why should I have to scroll down to where I left off. I remember once downloading a free book on Google & everytime I went back to it, it would open up to wherever I had left it. Same thing with Audible books.

Now maybe this is an issue with the format. but you would think after all these years that they could come up with a system that would be more convenient. I tried saving the document, but that doesn't change anything. It still opens on the first page. So I just decided to keep the document open on the taskbar. Oh well, maybe someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment