Sunday, September 16, 2012

New Nano:Same As The Old Nano

It is hilarious how every couple of years Apple changes the design of the iPod nano. Then after a couple of years with the new style , they go back to the old style. This tells me that the old style is still the best.

I have a 4th generation iPod nano. the 5th added a camera. Then for the 6th & 7th, they decided to shorten it so it looked like a watch, & easy to lose. Now for the 8th, back to the rectangular style that looks like a cigarette lighter. The camera is back, but the click wheel has been replaced by a touch screen. So as one website said, it's basically a Touch mini.

It also now only comes in one memory size: 16 GB. Mine is an 8 GB, which is fine for me since after 3 years I'm still only using less than 3 GB. And shockingly, the 16 is the same price as the old 8! Hmmm.

All of this is silly. I am not going to buy one because my nano works fine. Heck I was using it today. Sounds fine, no problems. But the obsessive fanboys will find an excuse to buy one anyway. Well, actually they will probably buy an iPhone 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment