Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Redbox To Do Streaming

Yet another player in the streaming content biz. But will they be any better than Netflix or Amazon? I doubt it. I spent almost an hour on Netflix this afternoon trying to find something worthwhile to stream. I failed.

Until Netflix & Amazon & anyone else get rights to recent content, I'm not going to care. Half the movies on Netflix streaming I've never heard of. The other half are 20 years old or more. Bruce Lee movies? Arnold as Conan? Paper Moon, Chinatown? What is this: TCM? AMC?

Until the studios stop blocking the streaming of movies less than 10 years old, this will remain a secondary service. I know lots of people stream, but I can't figure out why. The selection is pathetic. I guess people just don't like to deal with physical media aka DVD's. The public won't be served until they let the studios know that this is not acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment