Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Museum Reads My Blog

It seems that every time I write something about a particular place I've visited, I then get page views from that site. it happened again today.

Yesterday I wrote about my visit to the Tech Museum, & this morning StatCounter had several listings from The Tech accessing my blog. This isn't the first time. See, commercial organizations are big enough to have their own internal IP address. Last time this happened was last year when I wrote about my visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Again their internal servers accessed my blog.

Now there isn't anything wrong with this. I assume they regularly search for web references to themselves. Just to see if there are criticisms, so they can improve. That's not what I do. Love the Tech, love MBA, love the Computer History Museum. But they want to know what people think, & searching personal blogs is one way of finding out.

It would be nice to get comments, but in 2-3 years of writing this blog I've only received 4 comments. Really. If someone could tell me how to improve it, I would. But I will just keep doing what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment