Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Printer Doesn't Like Office

I have had this problem for awhile. Every time I try to print something I did on Word or Excel my printer says "no paper in tray". This is a lie. There is plenty of paper loaded.

There seems to be a problem with the software because if you go on HP's boards you find a lot of this issue being discussed. Plus videos showing you how to fix it. First step: unplug the printer to reboot it. This is also how to fix internet speed on my modem.

Apparently this is a software issue. So why hasn't it been fixed? Because if I try to print something directly off a website I have few problems. It's only Microsoft Office that I have problems with.

These are issues that shouldn't exist. There are multiple threads on the HP support forums on this. They involved whether the paper is jammed or bad, or the rollers are dirty. I barely use my printer so I don't think it is dirty. Plus, if it didn't have these issues I would use it a lot more. The paper is fine, new out of the package. So again, I need to reset the printer. Why? This is a cheap printer, but it doesn't matter. People are having this issue with more expensive ones. Shouldn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment