Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Phone Companies Losing Broadband Customers

This story shows people moving from phone based ISP's to cable companies. The reason is the speed. I pay $40 a month for 3 Mbps. The most I can get from AT&T is 6. Meanwhile Comcast offers, I believe 20 Mbps. Of course at a higher price.

But I haven't done it because I subscribe to Directv, & I just know that Comcast would be pressuring me to switch to Comcast for my TV service. I won't do that. I used to have Comcast. Do I really have to tell you why I don't anymore?

I don't need the hassle. Plus, despite the yearly increases, I'm still paying less with Directv than I would with Comcast, or any cable company. So I deal with the low speeds. It was good enough for the Olympic streams, although higher speeds would make downloads quicker. This is why we need more competition, not less.

No comments:

Post a Comment