Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My ipod ate my podcast

Anyone who tells you that user support forums are useless is wrong. Here's what happened to me. I bought a new computer in July. This means I had to reload all my music on a new version of itunes. Fortunately everything was on a cd. No problem. Well, except for some doubles. But since then I haven't been able to put podcasts on my ipod. Why? I didn't know. I could download them to itunes, but they wouldn't sync.

This could be an issue. As a regular reader of the Apple support forums, I have seen that there are a lot of problems associated with this program. So Steve Jobs hates Flash, calls it "buggy", but there is no buggier program than itunes. I always refuse updates because of the horror stories of people losing their entire libraries, & recently computer crashes.

So I read up on podcasts. Problems with timestamps & not downloading back episodes. But until yesterday I hadn't seen anything on my problem. I had given up & was watching TWIT on the actual website. But I would rather download audio, put it on my ipod, then attached my ipod to my speakers in my living room & listen to it while being able to move around the house. So finally I see a post in which someone says hook up your ipod, click on it in itunes, click on podcasts, & see if its checked to sync. Guess what? It wasn't! So I did, & now it works. Apparently the updated itunes doesn't sync podcasts by default. The older version did, unless I forgot that I did it manually. So check everything when something doesn't work, or read the support forums. They actually helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment