Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Windows Explorer Has Stopped Responding

Sometimes Windows likes to play tricks. Today was one of those times. After about a half an hour of entertaining myself on Reddit, I decided to close my browser. I was doing something else at the time, namely some laundry. Heard the dryer go off, so I decided I would delete all the history, then put the computer to sleep.

Well, it appeared Chrome had other ideas. Namely it sort of froze while deleting. Somehow I managed to close it, then tried to re-open it, & it kept closing. So I said "the heck with this", & tried to open Firefox. Same thing.

So I decided to restart the computer. I couldn't even do that because apparently Explorer wouldn't shut down. I was forced to do a hard boot, something not recommended, but at least that worked. I guess things are alright now.

I had already run my anti-virus scan this morning, so that's not the problem. I just think that all computers have these glitches once in a while. I do not use this machine like some people. I'm not a power user.

I watch Netflix on this computer because I'm a poor soul. I have no Wi-Fi & my TV isn't a flat screen HD set. It's a 25" tube TV, no HD & obviously no HDMI port. So no streaming through a blu-ray player or a Roku. (Funny thing is I work for a company that makes hard drives for Roku boxes)

I know what some of you will say "get a mac". What is the difference? I seriously don't believe a mac is any better than my HP. I like to say Apple sells $500 computers for 2G. Am I wrong? There was just an article yesterday in the SJ Merc about the highly touted "Genius bar", & how much they're used. If macs were so great there would be no need for these. just my 2 cents.

Anyway, I had to vent. I was thinking of returning to blogging. I just didn't think it would be about this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment